Monday, October 18, 2010

Make It Stick

 
When I was 14 years old I had my first real kiss.

Granted, I kissed Tammy on the cheek in 4th grade but I don't think that actually counts.

When I was 14, though, at a church retreat, Carolyn and I snuck behind a building and she shoved her tongue into my mouth.

Yea, it was as creepy as that last sentence. But it was also something more. It made my face flush, my legs quiver, and my fingers play air guitar. I'm quite serious, I think I may have played "Flight of the wounded bumble bee" right there next to the central air units.

I say all of this so you'll know that when all else fails, when your body doesn't quite do what you intend it to do, and when your intentions outweigh your reality, the one thing you will always be able to count on... is your Kiss.

Everything else may change, but that does not.

So make it stick.

2 comments:

  1. That's so sweet but "Flight of the Wounded Bumblebee" made me laugh. May you play many, many more fine air guitar gigs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...it's funny you pick my favorite Disney movie as the photo for this blog... one of the best kisses on TV, a unintentional kiss that left her so bashful... innocent even.... a kiss should stick, it should speak...

    ReplyDelete