Tuesday, March 8, 2011

2001: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot


This was your Daddy, circa 2001.

I found it courtesy of the internet wayback machine... which apparently cataloged those things I put up on vagabondking.com back when I had high ambitions (and low creativity).

I was portraying Jesus in a passion play that year and on a whim I decided to dye (or streak) my hair blonde. I fondly recall the Preacher saying "Jesus never had blonde streaks!". And I fondly recall responding "You knew him?".

Hence why I never portrayed Jesus in the years that followed. You can ask your Nannie in Georgia all about that.

But this was your Father, several years before either of you were born.

I recall your Mom loving my hair, then hating it, then begging me to cut it, and then lamenting that I'd complied.

Women.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

No comments:

Post a Comment